Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In Rememberance of a Great Grandfather.

My great-grandfather had passed away last year, during this week in March. Though it was an extremely difficult time for my family and me, we have learned to celebrate his life and remember him as a great, funny, and wise man. I miss him dearly, these pictures are extremely sentimental to me. My grandfather served in World War II, and lived well into his 80's. He lived across the street from me, my entire life, I saw him everyday. Sometimes I still find myself waiting to be greeted from him when I come home. I know he is watching over me, smiling on his "Kita". We love you, and we miss you so much, Papa.

His hands on his final viewing, holding the catholic rosary, and a wooden cross he had hung over his bed for several years before.
This is his best suit, and belongings he held everyday.