Tuesday, March 6, 2012

STOP KONY 2012

If you haven't noticed the crazy traffic on your facebook, twitter, tumblr, and instagram, STOP KONY 2012 is a very serious matter. Our world has come to a time where it is incredibly important to raise awareness of other issues happening on earth. Most teens and young adults today are so caught up in pop culture and their shallow lives--who is Kim K dating now? When do the new Jordans come out? What should I wear to prom? What car does he drive? What phone does she have? I even find myself asking these questions once in a while. But then something amazing happens, and I find myself again, down to earth, wanting to change the world--I get inspired. Lately, I've been incredibly influenced by old anti-war songs from the 60's and such films, etc. But nothing has touched me more than KONY 2012, simply because this is OUR generation that has the ability to make a difference. We are the future, we have the power. Kony must be stopped. I want to be 80 years old, and look back at this time of my life and think to myself "I was young at the best time possible, my generation changed the world". I want to be able to tell my children that we, the kids of the 90's and 80's, were known for more than our "smartphones". Our numbers are great, and our lives are very blessed, it is our duty to spread our wealth and knowledge. As humans, I believe it is important to reach out to every brother and sister in the smallest corners of the world to  help bring happiness and fulfillment. We are growing, we are learning, opening our eyes to a new light. It is time for a revolution. I believe in our generation, and I believe we can change the world. You can make a difference. Don't believe me? Join this campaign and see for yourself. See what you can do. DO NOT let this movement die by next week.