Friday, July 20, 2012

Quick stops, and Interning

Today was my day off from lifetouch, so I was interning with my photo mentor, Anna Wu, at the Berkeley City Club for an event. But before I headed to the venue, I made a quick run to Telegraph Avenue. Telegraph is filled with thrift shops, good eating places and quirky stores.

For interning, I wore a simple black sheer chiffon button up, which I believe is essential for professional work. Nothing too fancy or fun. I paired it with my favorite gold coin purse and a tribal silver necklace. Many people don't particularly favor mixed metals, but I however, feel it is great when done correctly.



First stop when on Telegraph, was CREAM, its a fantastic and delicious creamery and bakery, they are known for their cookie-ice cream sandwiches, ughhh, they are unbelievable.

 Next, I hopped to a few thrift stores, this one featured is Mars, and they had tons, and tons of great vintage stuff. They aren't your typical local thrift store, they have plenty of fashionable and tasteful vintage clothing. However, I could not find anything that seemed to fit correctly. (I've been on the hunt for a good pair of  vintage jeans).

After my quick trip to Telegraph, I went to work with Anna. The event was gorgeous and Anna captured fantastic images, which you can look out for on annawu.com. This was the view from of the endless gorgeous rooms and areas of the city club.