Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday Inspirations.

Today was a slower day than usual, probably because I am absolutely exhuasted from my trip to Los Angeles. (and I am so happy to be home!) I thought i'd use the rest of the weekend to relax and browse the internet for videos that inspire me before going to work at 6am all next week... So here are my top finds of the day!

I know it may seem cliche to look up Michelle Phan first, but I came across another channel that she is incorporated with called "Fawninc". However, do not forget that Michelle is an inspiration herself--Self taught make-up Guru, Lancome spokesperson,entrepreneur, etc...

They do several videos about makeup, fashion and interviews with style icons. They happened to have an interview with one of my favorite celebrities, Dita Von Teese! She is absolutely gorgeous. You may know her as the former wife of Marilyn Manson and one of the worlds most famous burlesque dancers. Her style is to die for.



Next, I looked into fall clothing lines for this coming season. September is coming! Not only is it my birth month, but it is also the "New Year" for fashion. Though many of these pieces are not affordable, I found that Valentino has so many ready-to-wear pieces that I simply love! (especially the red dresses around 2:00) Neutrals, chiffon puff sleeves, a hint of oriental details--The line is timeless, clean and chic. Much of the clothing are essential basics for a fall wardrobe. I will probably do a post later on in the season of where to find similar, more affordable items, so stay tuned! And thank you to popsugartvfab for posting this video.




And while browsing, I usually have some music playing. Music is always something I fall onto for inspiration. Always. This is an older song by Ray LaMontange that is on his 2004 Album "Trouble", and it is one of my favorites of his work. I love slower acoustic songs, its perfect for relaxing and writing.



And Lastly, One of my biggest inspirations-- Grace Coddington. She is the current creative director of American Vogue. I've really been wanting to post something about her! I recently had watched "The September Issue", and she has such a major impact on the magazine. I could write tons about her, but I will keep it short. Grace came from very little in the UK to becoming where she is today. She won a British Vogue modeling contest at age 17, and was photographed by some of the most famous editorial photographers of her time. Grace works closely with Anna Wintour(Editor and chief of Vogue, and an Ice woman)-- as much as I love Anna, Grace, however, is so much more inspirational. Her devotion and passion for the magazine, for the industry, is amazing. I could not find an embedded video, But this is the link to a small snip of Grace. Enjoy!