Thursday, July 26, 2012

Video Inspirations.

There is never a time that I do not find some sort of inspiration in cinematic creations. These are mine for the night.

Gabrielle Revere, one of my idols in the photography world. Can I have her job please? She is an amazing artist, she gets to do all sorts of interesting things. Revere has photographed many, many, big fashion names and celebrities. She's done covers for LIFE magazine. And she has done some amazing charity work in developing countries with her photographs as well. Trust me, there's a big list on her photo accomplishments. See for yourself at http://www.gabriellerevere.com/. But for now, This is just a look video directed by Gabrielle Revere that I came across: Black and White with some snips of old color-- you simply cannot get better than this. Being that I love black and white photography, I find this video to be just outstandingly beautiful, a picture in motion.


I was not too fond of Lana Del Rey when I first heard her, but as time went, I fell for her flower-child look and sweet songs. But not only is her music great, I love the videos too. This one in particular, really portrays the song well. Summer Time Sadness with old film, light leaks and some silhouette lighting... so pretty. It fits perfectly with Lana's classic beauty and hypnotizing voice. Not to mention, her basic summery clothes in this video are wonderful.



And my last favorite of the night, this backstage video of Diors' Haute Couture 2012 fall show. I love, love watching all the haute couture shows online over and over again, they are always so precise and incredibly done with class and elegance. But this video, is the backstage version. The part most people don't see--and that's what I love. I love seeing the work that goes into these huge creative events. Many people just see the final product (being the model in the fabulous clothes) but what interests me the more than anything else, is the work and detail that goes into this. The imaginations of all the designers, photographers, make-up artists and directors are the most intriguing part of any fashion show.