Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Its a wrap!

That's it! July is over, and it's the peak of 2012. These are my monthly favorite items, and I'll link where you can get them or something similar! Enjoy. 

Three things I truly care about for my everyday cosmetic routine--Lips, Eyes and Hair.

I love wearing berry or wine colored lipsticks, or even just a stain, but my favorite for this month is Revlons Colorstay lip stick. This one featured here is Stay Currant. Of all the 24-hour drugstore brand lipsticks, this one has won my vote as the best. You can eat, drink, or kiss without this rubbing off. Find this product at your local drugstore.

Eyeliner, I love eyeliner. It's always the most important part for eye makeup, the finishing touch to any look. I didn't want to spend much on an eyeliner (I've tried expensive brands) and so far, Loreals' Infallible gel eyeliner in Blackest Black has yet to upset me. This gel eyeliner lasts forever. This, you can also find at your local drugstore.

Hair, hair, hair--That's my trade mark. I have extremely thick and voluminous hair, a combination of my Salvadorian and Filipino heritage. But I really do not like to wash my hair everyday(and you really shouldn't). Your hair needs its natural oils. However, sometimes those oils need a bit of balance. So I highly recommend Lush's dry shampoo. Its a loose powder with a wonderful grapefruit scent that you pat in your hair. I know I just bought this product a few days ago, but I am truly impressed. Find this at a Lush store or on http://www.lushusa.com and much, much more!


I love doing masks! And I think it's even more fun when you make your own. This is a recipe for a honey green tea oatmeal mask that I found, and tweaked to my own. (and it's organic) Oatmeal reduces inflammation and redness, green tea revitalizes and replenishes, and honey tightens pores.
-1/2 cup of plain Oatmeal
-1/4 cup of hot brewed green tea
-2 teaspoons of honey
mix all of these together in a small bowl to make a warm paste(it should be warm, the heat opens your pores). Cut open the green tea bag and mix the used loose leaves in the paste as well. Apply on face, and wash off after ten minutes.


As for accessories, I've been using these two vintage finds this month a bit more. These over-sized butterfly glasses and gold chain rosary necklace. You can find similar glasses Here. And a similar necklace Here.

It's Summer, so I'm not going anywhere too fancy. These are my play shoes, classic high top Chuck Taylors. As much as I love, love my wedges or heels, nothing beats my childhood shoes. These can go with anything, and you can get a bit dirty. My great grandpa used to call them "Boy shoes", he was born in 1922, girls didn't wear these kind of shoes when he was growing up. Find them here.

My over worn clothes this month are my vintage velvet shirt and my black plain shorts. I don't always wear them together, but I find them to be essential basics to my outfits. You can find a similar velvet shirt here at American Apparel. These shorts are a steal at Forever 21--every girl needs a good pair of black cotton shorts for summer.

My favorite bag at the moment is my Fossil Messenger Bag! I love this bag for work, interning and travel. It has so many pockets, and places to stick things. It's just an ideal stuff-everything-in-it bag. I believe everyone needs a bag like this.


And my last favorite, are my chicks! I got four new baby chickens last month, and they are growing so fast. I love chickens. To eat, and for pets. (Wingstop is amazing). Don't get me wrong though, I would never eat my pet. Haha.